M.Tech. in Communication Systems and Machine learning (CS&ML) in collaboration with
C.R.Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (C. R. Rao AIMSCS), Hyderabad.
The M.Tech. (CS&ML) is a full-time two-year (four semesters) program. The program has been specially designed to meet the increasing need for the professionals who would be able to respond to the convergence between communication systems and machine learning. This program is designed with following objectives:
- To educate and train the students who can contribute to advanced communication systems (including 5G and next generation wireless systems), the advanced machine learning technologies and the confluence of these two.
- To develop research projects on communication systems and machine learning in collaboration with the industry and R&D organizations.
- To apply machine learning techniques in communication systems and beyond.
The students will be required to spend the first two semesters at DA-IICT campus at Gandhinagar, where they will take the core and elective courses. For the thesis work, the students based on their research interest can carry on the research work at DA-IICT or at CR Rao AIMSCS.
The Program requires every student to take four core courses and one elective in the first semester, three core courses and two electives in the second semester, and one elective subject in the third semester. The core courses are mandatory. For electives, the student will have an adequate choice of electives in order to dwell deeper into areas of her/his research interest, or go beyond one’s own specialization. The students are requires to pursue a 6-week summer research or industrial internship after completion of their second semester and before the start of their third semester. In the second year (third and fourth semester), a student will also pursue research (over the third and the fourth semesters), leading to a master’s thesis.
The students admitted to the program would study their first two semesters at DA-IICT. They will have an option to pursue the studies of the third and the fourth semester either at DA-IICT or at CR Rao Institute based on their research interest.
The detailed program structure, including the core courses, and elective courses can be found here.
Total seats: 18 (regular) + 5 (sponsored)= 23
Admission will be through two channels from 2021 i.e. GATE and Non-GATE. Possession of a valid GATE score in a discipline specific to the specialization is mentioned below along with seat distribution.
|GATE Discipline||Seats through GATE||Seats through Non-GATE||Total Number of seats|
Note: The institute can also admit a few candidates sponsored by the organization / institute with which DA-IICT has signed a MoU satisfying the admission criteria of the MTech program specified in the MoU.
GATE Qualified candidates
A candidate with a qualifying degree in any one of the following:
- BE/BTech ( ECE)
The aggregate marks in the qualifying degree should not be less than 60% or equivalent as per the norm set by the degree awarding Institute/University.
Non-GATE Qualified candidates
- MSc (Electronics), BE/BTech (ECE) with 1st class (min 65%)
- The aggregate marks in the qualifying degree should not be less than 65% or equivalent as per the norm set by the degree awarding Institute/University.
Note: Applicants can apply for admissions through one of the channels only, i.e., either through GATE or NON-GATE.
A candidate with a qualifying degree with 1st class or its equivalent with consistent good records in any one of the following:
- BE/BTech ( ECE),
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Government organizations and/or PSUs
Sponsored Candidates are from the Institutes that have Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with DA-IICT or CR Rao AIMSCS, or from government organizations, Indian research and development Institutes or leading PSUs.
Candidates appearing in their final degree examination and expecting to complete it by July 2021 may also apply. However, their final admission will be subject to the condition that they obtain an aggregate of marks required based on mode of admission i.e. GATE/Non-GATE, or its equivalent as per the norms set by the degree granting Institute/University. All admitted candidates have to submit their degree certificates or proof of completion of degree, before 30 October 2021 failing which their admission is liable to cancellation.
The decision of the concerned authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
Admission to M. Tech. (CS&ML) will admit candidates through two channels from this year: GATE and NON-GATE.
Candidates who have a valid GATE score in the disciplines of Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC) only can apply. Final selection of these candidates will be based on personal interview of the shortlisted candidates.
The Non-GATE candidates selection will be based on their qualifying degree and performance in the interview. Weightage will be as follows:
- 40% weightage -> qualifying degree
- 60% weightage-> interview
Note: At the time of finalisation of admissions, it is likely that some of the Universities in the country would not have announced the final year results of the qualifying degrees prescribed for admissions. In such cases, 40% weightage in qualifying degree will be assigned to the aggregate marks obtained in all the previous University examinations of the qualifying degree. However, if the applicant fails to receive 65% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree after announcement of final year results, her/his admission will stand discontinued forthwith and no representation/appeal will be entertained.
FEE STRUCTURE: DA-IICT website
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit online application form by clicking on the link given below. Application fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 1200/- plus GST@ 18%. (Rupees One thousand two hundred only). Click here to apply online, (Currently closed for 2021-22, PG Programs Orientation Schedule: 2021-22 - https://www.daiict.ac.in/
sites/default/files/notice-) board/PG Orientation 2021.
- The Candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for her/his application to be considered for admission.
- For GATE qualified candidates the merit list for admission will be prepared on the basis of personal interview of the candidates applying for admission. Counseling for allotment of specialization will be done online.
- For Non-GATE qualified candidates the merit list for admission will be prepared based on the weightage on qualifying degree and interview.
- The candidates who have accepted admission offers will be notified to appear for registration, followed by counseling, document verification, and on confirmation of admission, the orientation program.
Counseling will be done online. Applicants are advised, from the date of announcement of first merit list, to check for e-mail communications from pg_admissions[at]daiict[dot]ac[dot]in to know about the specialization allotted to them and the steps they need to take to continue with the counseling process.
> For more info >